Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Attack aftermath WARNING GRAPHIC

At first I wasn't sure whether to post these pictures or not. I don't want anyone to have a 'pity party' for me. I also do not want to incite anger or hatred against the people who attacked us. God created them too and Christ's sacrifice on the cross was for them as well. I forgive them for what they have done to me, I can't do that though for Koba or the countless Palestinians who have had been beaten, harrassed, thrown out of their homes, or who are grieving family members who have not survived these assaults. Father, forgive them.

At the same time, I do want to document what happened on that day. So here they are.

 
The fig tree we were sitting under. The road to the left is used by Palestinians and is beside Al Bweireh, the one to the right connects Harsina to the outpost and is used by settlers.
 
Picture of me right after the attack.
 
My back.
 
Picture of Koba in the hospital.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Tomasz,
    Thank you for sharing your story. You truly are a great witness for what it means to follow Christ, "the Prince of Peace," in a world that doesn't know very much peace. You are a great example of non-violence resistance and loving ones enemies. Please stay safe. You are in my prayers.

    Your Brother in Christ,
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brother! It means a lot. God is greatest and He is always present, even in the darkest places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,

    It was shocking to hear about this. I greatly admire your courage and how you are willing to forgive the people who attacked you.

    I hope they catch the people who attacked you. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Faiz, I really appreciate your encouragement and support. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete