Nothing wrong with people praying, but in the past when going through the village the settlers have picked fights with villagers and stolen grapes. Also, the fact that they are going through a Palestinian village is also an act of provocation- any Palestinian who enters a settlement risks being shot or beaten or arrested.
Anyways, thankfully nothing terrible happened. It was a very hot day (in the forties) and I guess they decided it would be nicer to drive than parade through. Compared to Wednesday's parade, this one was relatively small. It only involved 4 settler cars, driving in procession led by one army jeep and followed at the end by another. They drove up the hill, spent approximately 30 minutes up there, and drove back.
Later that day, we hung out at the apartment and smoked some shiksha. I am not a smoker but here in the West Bank it is literally a craze and whenever you hang out with people in the evening it is offered. The ingredients are tobacco and apple. Whenever you take a puff, water at the bottom starts to bubble. Charcoal is put on the top.
I was seriously considering buying one, but if I did I would become addicted and I am sure if you do it often enough you will probably damage your lungs. So only for travels to the middle east.
Walking into Al Buweyre
One of the settler cars driving through.
Army jeep at the back.
One of the boys who hung out with us and stayed by us during the drive through.

No comments:
Post a Comment