I went to a Lutheran church on Sunday with some CPTers. What struck me was how few people are coming, it is almost empty. Due to the situation in the Holy Land, many Christians are leaving Israel and Palestine.
There was an Arabic and an English service but I stayed for the Arabic one. I could only catch the words "Allah" (God), "Injil" (Gospel), and a few other ones. I didn't understand most of the service but I wanted to be able to pray with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
I thought the modesty sign was pretty interesting. My church in Winnipeg has no 'dress code' and people are encouraged to come as they are. I think that is good because people should come to God as they are. Then again, I think dress code can be a good thing to ensure people show respect for the place of worship. Just some musings.

No comments:
Post a Comment