Saturday, July 31, 2010

Visit to Hebron Synagogue

We decided to check out the synagogue in Hebron so a few CPTers and I came inside. It was Friday, and some people were there, quietly reading the Torah and praying. It was very peaceful. Most of the people in the synagogue are settlers and our encounters haven't generally been very positive but we kept our CPT hats tucked away and got to visit a bit. The fact we are not Jewish did not bother anyone in the least. It was a very nice experience. I pray that both Jews and Muslims one day find ultimate peace and freedom in Christ.

 
Checkpoint on the way to the synagogue. The Jewish worshippers go through one.
 
People studying the Torah.
 
Me in a kippah. We all got to wear one.
 
The garden by the synagogue. This is the only time I have seen a green lawn in the West Bank.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment